It was in 2005 that a new movement for trees began in Chennai
Nizhal's vision is to be an effective catalyst in greening urban areas, with a special focus on regenerating biodiversity.
Nizhal believes in sincere partnerships with local communities
GET INVOLVED AS
Engage with Nizhal volunteers in a green initiative as part of your Corporate Social Responsibility program; participate in various aspects of sensitive greening of an area.
Donate and fund a Green Initiative of your choice, —
- setting up of Tree Parks
- setting up of Herbal Gardens
- greening of an area/ neighborhood leading to regeneration of lost biodiversity
- ‘PalliyilNizhal ‘ green schools program in underprivileged schools
- ‘Free The Tree’ Campaigns
Our volunteers are available to assist you in your green endeavours and facilitate programs that connect your employees with communities requiring green volunteers.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
You too can start a green park revolution in your area. Identify a public land and approach us. We will connect you to the local Corporation authorities and guide you through the process!
- Join the movement in your area/ Start a movement in your area.
- Arrange for / enroll for a tree walk.
- To participate in or organize a tree walk
- Survey trees in your area.
Report abuse of trees/tree felling by calling the Chennai Corporation at 1913 or through the Namma Chennai app
We welcome your contributions
towards the cause of urban greening and promoting community participation
Details for contributions:
Online Transfer to: Nizhal, HDFC Bank
A/c No – 13051450000120
IFSC code: HDFC0001305